Monday 8 November 2010

PWC



Who are PWC? Why, it's Pricewaterhouse Coopers of course! Rebranded by Wolff Olins, PWC is the well known and well respected chartered accountants. And with every new rebrand there is a beloved logo...
I have waited a bit until I knew how I knew how I felt about it all and I've done my research. And I really like the new pixelated floral motif, I even like the way they apply it to their print material and website. I get the need to lose the formal rigid identity, I even like the italicised w of the waterhouse. But honestly...what's in a name. Pricewaterhouse Coopers is an iconic name and instantly recognisable. Say pwc to someone and they won't have a clue. I reckon ten years down the line, they will still be referred to as Pricewater...(my hands are getting tired typing the name out all the time).

For my own pleasure, I've decided to compile a list of companies and organisations with acronyms:

BBC
AOL
VW
BMW
BNP
GM
DLR
KKK
IBM
ITV
CAB
NUS
UEFA
FBI
CIA
MI6
P&O (Not really but I like it)
CBI
FIFA
ICA
APA
BFI
WWF

I think I may continue this list later...feel free to add to

No comments:

Post a Comment